Annual Conference, September 14-16, 2022. Don’t forget to register at tmciworld.com. See you there!
I am composing this email as I am sitting in the City-owned Community Hall awaiting today’s Good News Club in St. Leonards. I am writing to you in reflection and wonder at how God has answered prayer and brought His vision to fruition. We are small in number right now, but God has begun this work that so many prayed into. Last week some college students joined us, and the children really made a connection with them.
Not only are we able to have Good News Club across the street, but our church is forming connections in the school in amazing ways as well. I have added helping with reading club and serving breakfast to my repertoire of skills to build relationships. Our pastor is coaching soccer. Another lady from church is helping with the school garden. This has all happened in the last few weeks as doors have opened in the school in unprecedented ways.
While St Leonards is a 6-week Good News Club, we would love to continue the momentum next year. I know some of you have asked about a special project, and at least one of you specifically about St. Leonards. I am looking to set up a special project fund so that we can have Good News Club and continue to reach the children next year. I hope to even add more school terms. It costs $55/week to rent the building, and we are looking into more advertising options too. The good news is $55 here is the same as $38 in US dollars. If you’d like to be a part of that next year, I will keep you informed as we work through setting up a special project account.
In other news, while the children in St. Leonards learn that Jesus is God who Cares for People, our other Good News Clubs have been seeing that Jesus is the God of Power and Glory by the amazing miracles He did.
There are several upcoming single events as the Spring holidays approach. I mentioned a couple months ago that I would be planning the children’s program for our Tasmanian Bishops Training event in September. The theme this year is having “Unshakeable Faith” in an ever-changing world. Pray that God would gird up our Christian children in their faith through this event.
Also, I am planning an outreach holiday program in the small town of Cressy. We did a Christmas event there last year. This Spring the theme will be all about Space. So, pray that many boys and girls will hear about it and come along.
· The children at the St. Leonards Good News Club, that they would see their need for Christ and trust Him as their Savior.
· More children to come along to the St. Leonards Good News Club
· The children attending the Bishops Training Event to grow in their faith
· God to bring children along to the holiday event in Cressy
Don’t forget to register for Annual Conference @ www.tmciworld.com Sept. 14-16, 2022
This is your opportunity to help.
Monsoons Bring Flooding to Northern Thailand
Two weeks of constant rain resulted in massive flooding in the MaeSai, Thailand, area. The Mekong Bible Training Center’s large garden is underwater, the fish pond has overflowed its banks, and caring for the livestock is challenging. These are all items important to the Center personnel for daily food. However, Pastor Chang and his family are warm and dry, the MBTC buildings are weathering the storms, and they have enough to eat for now. They are more concerned about the people around them who are being forced out of their homes by rising water. MBTC and its affiliate, Lighthouse Church, are mobilizing to help feed people and also provide temporary housing at the church. Some areas are so deeply flooded that supplies are being brought in by boat through the city streets. Your prayers and financial support are greatly needed!
Thailand Ministry Update
ERIM continues to impact Asia through the Mekong Bible Training Center and Lighthouse Church.
- Covid restrictions continue in Thailand, and our physical return to the country remains delayed. However, our participation in the ministry there continues in consultation, participation in administrative tasks, and financial support.
- Pastor Chang’s daughter, Parn, is pursuing her studies to become a missionary doctor. ERIM is underwriting her university expenses. Any donations to help further her education to serve Christ in the medical field are greatly appreciated!
- MBTC is planning an intensive 40-day Bible training course for international students in October/November. Attendees will need to finance their own travel but will be housed and fed on the property. If you would like to be a part of supporting this course to train ministers to reach people in Asia, please mark your donation as such.
- Construction continues on the large conference building. The newly finished dorm rooms will be utilized for the upcoming 40-day training course. The push is on to complete the kitchen in time to be utilized to feed the students.
For ongoing updates, you can LIKE our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/EaglesRestIM.
Thank you for your faithful prayers and support! God’s best blessings be upon you!